A Guide to Electric Beds
Electric beds or adjustable beds were usually associated with hospitals. However, owing to their myriad benefits, electric beds have made their way into our homes.
Electric beds allow you to adjust the lower and upper body positions as well as the height of the bed. They are especially beneficial in supporting a range of medical complaints while dramatically improving comfort.
Benefits of Electric Beds
An adjustable electric bed is worth the investment if you have medical conditions or health issues. Here are some of the advantages of using electric beds:
- Reduce back pain. Raise the head and foot of the bed to ensure your spine gets ample support, taking away pressure off your nerves.
- Reduce snoring. When your head is elevated slightly by at least 20 to 30 degrees, your airways remain open, allowing you to breathe better thereby alleviating your snoring.
- Lower acid reflux. Acid reflux occurs when the stomach acid flows back up into the esophagus and can be extremely painful. By elevating your upper body, an electric bed can ensure the stomach acids don’t creep up.
- Boosts independence. An illness, disability, health issue, accident or old age can negatively affect your mobility and independence. With an adjustable bed, you can get in and out of bed easily, gaining independence.
- Alleviate insomnia. With an adjustable bed, you can choose a position that offers maximum comfort, ensuring a good night’s sleep.
- Relieves arthritis pain. An electric bed can help alleviate arthritis pain. Stiff or aching joints can find relief when you position your mattress such that the weight is taken off the problem areas, allowing for a more restful sleep.
- Reduces leg swelling. Pregnancy, injury or illness can cause swelling in your legs, and laying down flat will only cause more fluids to pool in the legs, advancing the problem. An adjustable bed helps you to achieve the right position to alleviate leg swelling.
Who Can Benefit?
With an electric bed, you can control your sleeping posture. They are especially useful if you live alone or have mobility issues. With an electric bed, you can not only sit up or lie down easily, but they offer ample support while you sit up in your bed.
- Electric beds are useful for:
- People with arthritis
- People with swelling problems
- People suffering from chronic pain
- People with acid reflux
- People with respiratory conditions
Electric Beds in Newcastle, North East
Looking for quality electric beds in the North East? Look no further than Mobile Direct North, North East’s largest supplier of electric beds and mobility aids. Get in touch with us today for assistance.