Benefits of the Motability Scheme
Motability Scheme ensures that vehicles such as mobility scooters, cars and powered wheelchairs, designed for individuals with mobility issues, are available to them at affordable costs. Under this scheme, individuals can hire a mobility vehicle on lease on the basis of their mobility allowance.
The Motability Scheme is monitored and revised by Motability, a registered Charity. The aim of the Charity is to provide users with a reliable mobility solution.
Eligibility for Motability Scheme
The following allowances are eligible for the Scheme provided the allowance remains valid for a period of 12 or more months:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
How the Scheme Benefits You
This Scheme takes care of all services related to your mobility vehicle, including periodic maintenance, insurance, and breakdown repair. Several dealerships offer this Scheme. You can choose a service provider, select your mobility vehicle and test drive it.
If the vehicle suits your requirements, the dealer will complete required formalities and finalise the Scheme for you.
Why you Should Choose Mobility Direct NorthMobility Direct North is a family-run business dealing in mobility scooters, wheelchairs and mobility aids. Based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, the mobility vehicle specialist has multiple dedicated showrooms and nearly 300 mobility product varieties for user selection.
Other benefits offered by the service provider under this Scheme include:
- Insurance provided by RSA Motability
- Availability of a brand-new powered wheelchair or mobility scooter every 3 years
- “Get you Home” recovery service by Motability Assist available 24 hours
- Repair, maintenance and servicing including replacement of tyres and batteries
- A dedicated local team, based in the UK, to cater to customer needs
- Availability of a free, no-conditions-attached product demonstrations at customer premises
A number of factors need to be considered while purchasing a mobility vehicle such as a scooter. These include scooter size and weight, seat heights, comfort level, and area of vehicle usage (indoors or outdoors).
Mobility Direct North can guide its customers in the selection of right mobility scooters after a thorough understanding of their needs. Call us at 0191 285 4245 for more information.