Tips for Buying a Used Mobility Scooter
Owning a mobility scooter equals getting back your independence. You can move around safely without depending on others. If buying a new mobility scooter seems like an expensive option, consider investing in a used mobility scooter.
Owning a well-maintained used mobility scooter offers invaluable benefits, including:
- Substantial cost savings over buying a new scooter
- The opportunity to own the latest model with advanced features at a cheaper price
- The possibility of owning two mobility scooters, perhaps one for indoors and another outdoors or long distances
Let’s take a look at some important aspects to consider when buying a used mobility scooter in the North East.
Choose a Reliable Seller
The kind of deal you get depends a great deal on the seller you choose. Be sure to work with a reliable supplier.
Visit the seller’s website and have a look at the vehicle. Do not rely solely on the photos available online. It is essential to physically check the vehicle. Call up the seller and schedule an appointment.
If you are in search of high quality used mobility scooters in the North East, Mobility Direct North can help you – we provide a no-obligation, free demo at your premises.
Get to Know More About the Vehicle
Find out the following:
- How old is the mobility scooter?
- What is the working condition of the batteries?
- How long are the batteries able to hold their charge?
- Have the batteries been replaced?
- Any maintenance or repair issues?
- Is the model still in use? Are spare parts still in supply?
- Are all essential vehicle papers in place?
- What is the warranty period?
Test Drive the Scooter
Find out if the scooter offers a smooth ride. Use all the controls to ensure that they are in good working condition. Assess how comfortable, safe and confident you feel while riding the vehicle.
Check for any jerking motion when the vehicle is on the move. Also, test if the scooter is able to gain speed smoothly when needed. If not, it could be an indication of a faulty gear mechanism.
Apply brakes to check their condition. Are there any screeching sounds? If yes, the vehicle may have maintenance issues.
It would help to have an independent mechanic or mobility scooter expert with you. An independent and expert assessment will help you in making an informed decision.
Mobility Direct North gives you access to a wide range of used mobility scooters. All our used vehicles are completely serviced and thoroughly tested for quality. We assure you of the best deals and the best used mobility scooters in the North East.
Call us at 0191 285 4245 to arrange for a free home demonstration.